Wednesday, October 12, 2011

All of Creation sing with me now...

http://youtu.be/O7bD02ZmTqk - All of Creation - Mercy Me


Tyler and Britton - Halloween 2000


Tyler and Britton have been best friends since Tyler was three and Britton was five.  It's been an amazing friendship and I'm so thankful that God put these two friends together.   Actually, they're more like brothers.









Tyler and Britton 2010
 This fall was difficult. Britton graduated and left for college.  Saying good-bye was not only difficult for Tyler, it was hard for Larry and me, too.  We miss Britton.  We miss hearing his laughter ring throughout the house.  Britton's not near in distance any more, but he'll always be close in our hearts.

Yesterday when  I checked my messages and Facebook for prayer requests, I saw a post from Britton.
His words touched my heart and just reminded me of what a special young man he is.  I asked Britton if I could share his thoughts on my blog.  He said that it would be fine but really God should get all the credit.  = )  He makes me (and his mom)  so proud.

Here is Britton's post: 

I just spent the past hour and a half upstairs in the art room working on a project that is due in the morning while listening to casting crowns, hawk nelson, and pillar on my zune. after finishing I walked outside to head to my dorm and looked up at the night sky. I saw a lone star (its cloudy and the light pollution blocks out all but the brightest) off to the side of a very bright, full moon. Instantly I felt humbled and at awe with the beauty of the Lord's creation as I gazed at those two great lights in the sky. Thoughts and feelings came to me that formed into words that I am feeling very strongly on my heart right now. more than I know how to write, but it's something like this:


God I see you in the sun, the moon and the stars. I hear you in the rocks, the wind and the running waters. I feel your presence in the mountains and in the forests. The power of your creation surrounds me and in the silence of the night I can't help but be stirred to thank you for every blessing you've poured out on me. Dear Lord, use me and my talents to show others your light. let my life be a testimony to your awesome power and love. May I never shy away from persecution and allow me to always be a positive influence to those around me. God you are truly wonderful beyond comprehension, all glory and honor be to you...


To my family and friends near and far, as well as those I barely know or haven't met yet. May God bless you in every good thing you do and I hope that he will always protect you and keep you safe.


Didn't I tell you Britton was a terrific young man?

I love those moments when it's just me and God.  There in the stillness of the night or early morning hours when no one is stirring, it's just me and God.  Like Britton, I can't look into the night sky without feeling an incredible sense of His Presence and Power and love.  I think at those moments, God draws us close to His heart.  God spoke to Britton - not in words but heart to heart, spirit to Spirit.  because Britton took the time to be still and let his mind go to the Creator of the Universe - even in the middle of the night.  Britton's thoughts turned to His Father.  And His Father reached down and gave him a little hug.

The night sky that proclaimed God's beauty and majesty last night, Britton, it was just for you.  He loves you so very much.  And so do we.

http://youtu.be/DcF75h4BHk8  - How Great Thou Art - Alan Jackson

Psalm 104
Praise the Lord, O my soul.
O Lord my God, You are very great; You are clothed with splendor and majesty.  He wraps Himself
in light as with a garment; He stretches out the heavens like a tent and lays the beams of His upper chambers on their waters.  He makes the clouds His chariot and rides on the wings of the wind.
He makes winds His messengers, flames of fire His servants.

He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved.  You covered it with the deep as with
a garment; the waters stood above the mountains.

But at Your rebuke the waters fled, at the sound of Your thunder they took to flight; they flowed over
the mountains, they went down into the valleys, to the place You assigned for them.
You set a boundary they cannot cross, never agian will they cover the earth.

He makes springs pour water into the ravines; it flows between the mountains.
They give water to all the beasts of the field; the wild donkeys quench their thirst.

The birds of the sky nest by the waters; they sing among the branches.

He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; the land is satisfied by the fruit of his work.

He makes grass grow for the cattle, and plants for people to cultivate—
bringing forth food from the earth:  wine that gladdens human hearts, oil to make their faces shine,
and bread that sustains their hearts.


The trees of the LORD are well watered, the cedars of Lebanon that he planted.
There the birds make their nests; the stork has its home in the junipers.

The high mountains belong to the wild goats; the crags are a refuge for the hyrax.


 He made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.
You bring darkness, it becomes night, and all the beasts of the forest prowl.
The lions roar for their prey and seek their food from God.


The sun rises, and they steal away; they return and lie down in their dens.
Then people go out to their work, to their labor until evening.

How many are your works, LORD! In wisdom you made them all; the earth is full of your creatures.


There is the sea, vast and spacious, teeming with creatures beyond number—
living things both large and small.
There the ships go to and fro, and Leviathan, which you formed to frolic there.


All creatures look to you to give them their food at the proper time.


When you give it to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand,
they are satisfied with good things.


When you hide your face, they are terrified; when you take away their breath,
hey die and return to the dust. When you send your Spirit, they are created,
d you renew the face of the ground.


May the glory of the LORD endure forever; may the LORD rejoice in his works—


He who looks at the earth, and it trembles, who touches the mountains, and they smoke.
 I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.


May my meditation be pleasing to Him, as I rejoice in the LORD.


But may sinners vanish from the earth and the wicked be no more.


Praise the LORD, my soul.

Praise the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment