Thursday, March 15, 2012

"Preach the gospel at all times; when necessary use words."

This is not my original thought and although the quote is most often accredited to St. Francis of Assisi, I think it's safe to say the message came from Christ Himself. He taught his disciples - not just with words but with His actions.

http://youtu.be/2zunQ--S7RM - In Christ Alone - Phillips Craig and Dean

1 Timothy 2:1-6
I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time.


God has really been laying it on my heart that I need to be praying for my lost friends and family members -  people I love who don't know my Jesus. It is God's desire that all people be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.  Almost everyone knows of Jesus, but how many really know Him as their Redeemer, Savior and true Friend?

I've made a commitment before God to pray for those who don't know Christ.  I am committed to pray for these people until they come to Jesus for salvation which is found in no other name.  I will not give up.  I will not lose hope.  I may not have the right words to speak but when words are necessary, I know God will put those words in my mouth.  This is my prayer.  When God gives me an opportunity to speak the Truth to one who needs desperately to hear it, I pray that God will prompt me to reach out to that person.  This is my prayer.

Sometimes our family members are the hardest people for us to reach.  That's when it becomes vital that we pray for others - not just for those in our own families.  Lord, use me as Your witness to my friends and acquaintances, to those who can't hear the Truth from their own family members. Let them see Jesus in me.  This is my prayer.

Father, I ask that You put just the right people in just the right places to help my family members who don't trust in Jesus.  May they be a powerful testimony to Your love and faithfulness.  Lord, let me testify to those whom You place in front of me.
This is my prayer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
George Mueller was a powerful prayer warrior in the 1800's. He know the power of prayer and He knew that God listened and answered whenever he cried out in the Name of Jesus.


Please join with me in making a commitment to pray for the lost.  Don't be afraid to reach in the Name of Jesus to those who so need His grace and mercy.  Don't be ashamed or embarrassed to share the gospel for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes - Romans 1:16.  If God puts it on your heart to share with words, obey Him.  He will give you everything you need.  Remember too, that it not your job to convince.  It's your job to share the Truth; to plant the seed.  God will make the seed grow in His perfect timing. 

Don't grow weary.  Don't give up.  Keep praying.  God hears and He is faithful.  Keep trusting in His love and compassion for the lost. Just keep lifting up those names!
If you have a desire to learn more about the power of prayer, read the biography of George Mueller.  I don't think you can read about this man of God without being encouraged to pray diligently for things that concern you, for people who are lost.  His life inspires me to be on my knees faithfully calling out to God for all my needs and wants.


This excerpt comes from http://www.shadesofgrace.org/2010/04/29/5-thoughts-from-george-muller/  and says much more eloquently what I would like to share:

Mr. Mueller started 117 schools, educated 120,000 children and raised, in today’s terms, the equivalent of a billion pounds without ever expressing a need to a human being or ever being in debt. It was all accomplished through prayer.


Mr. Mueller also believed that more than thirty thousand souls came to know Christ in answer to prayer. These didn’t include only orphans but also many others for whom he prayed faithfully every day, in some cases for more than 50 years.

“In November 1844, I began to pray for the conversion of five individuals,” Mr. Muller said. “I prayed every day without a single intermission.”

Eighteen months passed before the first was saved.Five years lapsed, then the second was converted. Six years passed before the third was converted. The last two remained unconverted.

Pastor Charles R. Parsons, in an hour interview with George Mueller towards the close of his life, asked him if he spent much time on his knees. Mueller replied, “I have been praying every day for fifty-two years for two men, sons of a friend of my youth. They are not converted yet, but they will be! How can it be otherwise?”


When he was asked on what ground he so firmly believed this, his answer was, “There are five conditions which I always endeavor to fulfill; by observing these I have the assurance of answer to my prayer:


1. I have not the least doubt because I am assured that it is the Lord’s will to save them, for He wills that all men should be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth (I Tim. 2:4); and we have the assurance ‘that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us’ (I John 5:14).

2. I have never pleaded for their salvation in my own name, but in the blessed name of my precious Lord Jesus, and on His merits alone (John 1:14).

3. I always firmly believed in the willingness of God to hear my prayers (Mark 11:24).

4. I am not conscious of having yielded to any sin, for ‘if I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me’ (Ps. 66:18) when I call.


5. I have persevered in believing prayer for more than fifty-two years for some, and will continue until the answer comes: ‘Shall not God avenge his own elect, which cry day and night unto him?’ (Luke 18:7).”


Mr. Mueller went to Heaven praying firmly in faith, thanking God in advance, for the salvation of those for whom he was praying. Within months of his passing, the last friend on his prayer list was converted. God answers prayer!



1 Timothy 2:3-4 NIV
This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

1 John 5:14 NIV

14 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us.


John 1:14 NIV
14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.


Mark 11:24 NIV

24 Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.



Luke 18:7 NIV
7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off?

I've started my list of those whom I'm committed to pray for salvation and restoration.  Will you make a list and an a commitment, too?

The following is from A Treasury of Praise by Ruth Myers

I praise You for how Your Spirit fills us with power and courage to speak the truth of the gospel.  Than You that He convicts people of sin, convinces them of truth through the crucified and risen Christ, and release them from the power of Satan unto God.  How I rejoice that the evil ruler of this world has been judged!

I am so grateful for the victories that come as we testify to believers as well as to unbelievers, proclaiming the good news of our Savior's death and resurrection and kingly control.  How I rejoice that our testimony and sharing of Your Word defeats Satan in the lives of people, both those he has blinded spiritually and believers he is seeking to ensnare.

Lord, make me sensitive to people's needs.  Grant me timely words for those who are weary and special grace to share with them the reason for the wonderful hope I have in Christ Jesus. To Him be all glory, honor and praise for ever and ever.

Acts 26:18
John 16:8-11
Acts 1:8
2 Corinthians 4:4
Isaiah 50:4
1 Peter 3:15

http://youtu.be/yrcnZmgYC5s - Amazing Grace - My Chains are Gone  Chris Tomlin

No comments:

Post a Comment