Friday, June 22, 2012

Feeling unloved?
http://youtu.be/I-G8IfjPAII - You are loved! - Josh Groban


Someone loved you enough to die for you.  You were destined for punishment but someone stepped in and took your place.  He took your lashes, he took your torture.  He took your sins with Him to the grave and gave you the gift of Eternal Life.

If you ever feel unloved, like no one cares, just read through these verses.  This is just a small portion of the passages that God chose to put in His Written Word for us to know.  HE loves you beyond your wildest imagination!  Other people may let you down and disappoint you, but Your God will always be with you to get your through any circumstance.

Yesterday, I was so tired when I left for work.  My mind was fuzzy and unclear.  I didn't get to sleep until very late and then woke way too early!  But before I left for work, Larry prayed over me.  He asked God to give me a clear mind so that I could do my job well.  He asked for protection for me. 

I left home and was pulling through a green light onto Hwy 205 from a side street.  This has always been a very dangerous intersection - many accidents happened in the past.  But a traffic light was installed a while back which makes it much safer.  Yesterday, I brain was fuzzy so I paid close attention to the green light I had anticipating that it might possibly turn red.  I was ready to stop if it did.  The car in front of me cleared the intersection, I followed right behind, again watching the light.
Just as I got through, a car came whizzing through the intersection right through his red light!  It was a near miss.  Just a couple seconds earlier and I would have been t-boned by this fast moving car.  I had been so focused on watching to make sure the light didn't change, I didn't even see this car on 205 approaching me.  I cried when I realized how God had protected me from certain injury, possibly death.  There's no doubt in my mind HE saved me from that accident. 

My mind was foggy that morning, but Larry prayed for my protection and my Father provided it. 
God does things like that all the time and we don't even realize it.  I know I'm loved by the Creator of the Universe.  He shows me every day if I'll just pay attention.

Today, I pray that you feel His loving presence and compassion, His great care and understanding, as you go about your day.  By the way, the best way to move past feeling unloved is to show love to someone else.  Look around you, there are people who are hurting and need to know the Savior's love.  Think about it.  If you who are so blessed in so many ways have moments of feeling unloved, what about all those other people who struggle every day just to survive?  What about those families who are ripped apart by divorce or illness or addiction or death?  If you feel unloved, show love to someone else who might need it.  You'll feel better and so will they.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_MyC6kJzPg - Unfailing Love by Chris Tomlin
You have my heart
And I am Yours forever
You are my strength
God of grace and power
And everything You hold in Your hand
Still You make time for me
I can't understand
Praise You God of Earth and sky
How beautiful is Your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And You never change God You remain
The Holy One
My unfailing love
Unfailing love
You are my rock
The one I hold on to
You are my song
And I sing for You
And everything You hold in Your hand
Still You make time for me
I can't understand
Praise You God of Earth and sky
How beautiful is Your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And You never change God You remain
The Holy One
My Unfailing love
Unfailing love
And everything You hold in Your hand
Still you make time for me
I can't understand
Praise You God of Earth and sky
How beautiful is Your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And You never change God You remain
The Holy One
My Unfailing love
Unfailing love
I will praise You
Praise you God of earth and sky
How beautiful is your unfailing love
Unfailing love
And You never change God You remain
The Holy One
My Unfailing love
Unfailing love
Unfailing love
Unfailing love
Unfailing love
Unfailing love

Exodus 20:6
But I lavish unfailing love for a thousand generations on those who love me and obey my commands.
Exodus 34:6
The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy!
I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.
Psalm 5:12
For you bless the godly, O Lord; you surround them with your shield of love.
Psalm 25:7
Do not remember the rebellious sins of my youth. Remember me in the light of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord.
Psalm 31:7
I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

Isaiah 54:8b
But with everlasting love I will have compassion on you,”says the Lord, your Redeemer.
Isaiah 54:10
For the mountains may move and the hills disappear, but even then My faithful love for you will remain. My covenant of blessing will never be broken,”says the Lord, who has mercy on you.

Ephesians 1:3-5
All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ. 4 Even before He made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in His eyes. 5 God decided in advance to adopt us into His own family by bringing us to Himself through Jesus Christ. This is what He wanted
to do, and it gave Him great pleasure.
Ephesians 2:4-5
But God is so rich in mercy, and He loved us so much, that even though we were dead because of our sins, He gave us life when He raised Christ from the dead. (It is only by God’s grace that you have been saved!)
Ephesians 3:10-19
God’s purpose in all this was to use the church to display His wisdom in its rich variety to all the unseen rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11 This was his eternal plan, which He carried out through Christ Jesus our Lord.
Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God’s presence. 13 So please don’t lose heart because of my trials here. I am suffering for you, so you should feel honored.
Paul’s Prayer for Spiritual Growth
When I think of all this, I fall to my knees and pray to the Father, the Creator of everything in heaven and on earth. I pray that from His glorious, unlimited resources He will empower you with inner strength through His Spirit. Then Christ will make His home in your hearts as you trust in Him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from God.
and so on and so on and so on..... so many verses about God unfailing love.

Prayer:
Holy God, how many times have You told me through Scripture "I love you with my unfailing, never changing love"? When will I start believing You? I can't comprehend that the Creator of the Universe, who holds all things together with just a word, You, Almighty God, would love me, a sinner. I'm am in awe and so very, very thankful.
Father, please give me the power to understand how wide, how long, how high, and how deep Your love is. Please help me experience the love of Christ, though I know it is too great for me to ever fully understand. Make me complete with all the fullness of life and power that comes from You, my loving Father. Thank You for the ultimate proof of your love, the sacrifice of Your precious Son so that I could be forgiven and made righteous through His blood and righteousness. Oh, what an amazing love!.
What an amazing Savior! All praise and glory to You forever and ever! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment