Wednesday, July 18, 2012

The destination is worth it!

I was flipping through the channels and heard a talk show host make this statement:

"It's not the destination...it's the journey."

I thought to myself, "are you kidding me?"  For Christians the Destination gives purpose to the journey!  It's all about the Destination!!!  To be Home with Jesus???  Of course that's what matters.  Our journey should be purposeful and full of love and service towards others.  God gives us opportunities to shine for Him along our road, but never doubt for once second,  it is the destination that gives us hope and a reason for the journey.

http://youtu.be/YE4Yf4NkdrU - Long way Home - Steven Curtis Chapman

I just love this song by Steven Curtis Chapman!  It reminds me that this journey we are on - bumps and all,  is going to be so worth it!


Do you ever see someone who seems to be carrying the weight of the world on his shoulders, and you just can't understand how he keeps going?  Sometimes it seems supernatural.

This life is full of struggles and suffering. All of us, sooner or later, will have to deal with something horrendous, and we'll  get through it.  We have no choice.  But for a Christian, there's a difference.  Yes, we still have to face the problems of this life, we still suffer, but God gives us a peace that comes from knowing we are never alone in our struggles. He is walking with us every step. 

There is a difference between just surviving bad times and coming through those bad times in victory.  A Christian uses those difficult times as a testimony to God's faithfulness.  So even in the worst possible circumstances, others see strength that defies our circumstances.  It's the strength that Christ provides.

No matter how tough things get, Christ has promised to give us everything we need to get through the crisis.  He is ready to strengthen us, provide for us and give us His peace which is beyond our comprehension.

I love this passage in Philippians.  Actually, the whole book of Philippians is a treasure chest of encouragement and hope - regardless of the circumstances we may be facing. 

The bottom line  - I'm not alone.  My Father is the Creator of the Universe and He chose me to be His special possession.  Now that's reason to rejoice always!

Philippians 4
4 Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5 Let your graciousness be known to everyone. The Lord is near. 6 Don’t worry about anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses every thought, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
8 Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any moral excellence and if there is any praise—dwell on these things. 9 Do what you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, and the God of peace will be with you.

Appreciation of Support

10 I rejoiced in the Lord greatly that once again you renewed your care for me. You were, in fact, concerned about me but lacked the opportunity to show it. 11 I don’t say this out of need, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. 12 I know both how to have a little, and I know how to have a lot. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being content—whether well fed or hungry, whether in abundance or in need. 13 I am able to do all things through Him who strengthens me. 14 Still, you did well by sharing with me in my hardship.

15 And you Philippians know that in the early days of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church shared with me in the matter of giving and receiving except you alone. 16 For even in Thessalonica you sent gifts for my need several times. 17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the profit that is increasing to your account. 18 But I have received everything in full, and I have an abundance. I am fully supplied, having received from Epaphroditus what you provided—a fragrant offering, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God. 19 And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 20 Now to our God and Father be glory forever and ever. Amen.



from Belief Changers:

Today, I need the peace that only Your presence brings. With situations and circumstances that create concern, I ask You to be the Peace that passes all understanding. I don't have to know the all the details, I only need to know You're here. Lord let Your peace prevail in my home, at work, wherever you lead me, let love and grace fill the atmosphere. I pray for this nation as well as every nation of the earth. Let Your word go forth and draw men, women and children to You, wonderful Savior! Amen & So be it!



http://youtu.be/1vmY2ztb5xc  - How great the Father's Love - Selah

How Deep The Father's Love For Us
by Selah
from the album "You Deliver Me"

Lyrics:

How deep the Father's love for us
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the Chosen One
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon the cross

Ashamed to hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that kept Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I know that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast in Jesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom [x2]

No comments:

Post a Comment