Thursday, September 22, 2011

the Joy of the Lord



How priceless is your unfailing love, O God!
People take refuge in the shadow of your wings.
Psalm36:7
 

http://youtu.be/jeAUZdaLmBc - I'm trading my sorrow 

2 Corinthians 4:7-9
But we have this treasure (the Holy Spirit) in jars of clay (our human bodies)  to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us.  We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

I feel stronger just reading that passage.  Very few of us will have to endure more hardships and suffering than Paul, but his continual message was one of victory and thanksgiving.  He continues this thought:

Corinthians 4:6-18:
Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

His joy was in the strength of the Lord!



Today, I'm trading my sorrow, I'm trading my pain, I'm trading it all for the joy of the LORD!  Yes, Lord!!!

JOY the emotion of great delight or happiness caused by something exceptionally good                    or satisfying;  keen pleasure; elation.

 Joy is a feeling of delight so deep and so lasting that one radiates happiness and expresses it spontaneously.  (Dictionary.com)

Nehemiah 8:10
Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the LORD is your strength.”


 
1 Chronicles 16:26-28
The gods of other nations are mere idols, but the Lord made the heavens!
Honor and majesty surround Him; strength and joy fill His dwelling. 
O nations of the world, recognize the Lord, recognize that the Lord is glorious and strong.

The joy -  that feeling of delight so deep and so lasting that one radiates happiness and expresses it spontaneously - that joy of the LORD is my strength!

What does that mean to me
For me it's a promise.  When I remember and focus on how awesomely wonderful and delightful being in God's Presence is, when I rest in the knowledge that the Creator of the Universe is my Father who loves and cares for me; when I take the time to observe the beauty of all His creation and realize that I am His very special possession - over all His amazing Creation; these thoughts give me strength to do anything that I might be required to do.  This understanding of who God is in my life gives me such unexplainable happiness that it simply overflows, and I radiate contentment and satisfaction no matter what my circumstances may be.

I'm afraid I don't always radiate that contentment, and that's too bad.  Because not only do I have a future with God in Eternity, I have the power of His Spirit living within me every single moment of every single day.  What can this world do to me?  I am a child of the King of the Universe.  He is my strength, my protector, my provider, my defender.  He is faithful.  He never leaves nor forsakes me.  All I have to do is call on Him, and He hears my every cry.  He goes before me preparing my way.  Nothing that happens to me comes as a surprise to Him, because He is not limited by time. He is already there in my future making sure I have everything I need to handle anything that comes my way.  And the future He has prepared for me is too wonderful for me to comprehend.

Good grief!  I should be beside myself with joy every single minute! 

How can I grasp the truth about my great GOD?  There are no words I can use to express His greatness, His majesty, or His love for all His children.  He is simply indescribably awesome!  And HE loves me, unconditionally!  That is reason for me to celebrate, to be full of joy!

http://youtu.be/7-zJHgaoVa4 - Indescribable - Chris Tomlin

Psalm 8:3-4
When I look at the night sky and see the work of your fingers—
the moon and the stars you set in place—
what are mere mortals that you should think about them,
human beings that you should care for them?

1 Peter 2:9
But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.This is a psalm of praise and thanksgiving that David sang before the people as the Ark of the Convenant was returned to Jerusalem.  The Presence of the LORD dwelt in the Ark. Having the Ark returned meant God's Presence was now back in Jerusalem.  David was full of joy and celebrated without one thought of looking foolish in front of his people. The mighty King danced in the streets; he radiated happiness and joy because of what the LORD had done for them.

That day David first appointed Asaph and his associates to give praise to the LORD in this manner:


1 Chronicles 16
Give praise to the LORD, proclaim His name;
make known among the nations what He has done. 
Sing to Him, sing praise to Him; tell of all His wonderful acts. 
Glory in His holy name; let the hearts of those who seek the LORD rejoice. 
Look to the LORD and His strength; seek His face always. ...


Sing to the LORD, all the earth; proclaim His salvation day after day. 
Declare His glory among the nations, His marvelous deeds among all peoples. 
For great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; He is to be feared above all gods. 
For all the gods of the nations are idols, but the LORD made the heavens. 
Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and joy are in His dwelling place. 

Ascribe to the LORD, all you families of nations, ascribe to the LORD glory and strength. 
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due His name; bring an offering and come before Him.
Worship the LORD in the splendor of His holiness. Tremble before Him, all the earth!

The world is firmly established; it cannot be moved. Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
Let them say among the nations, “The LORD reigns!” Let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them! Let the trees of the forest sing,
let them sing for joy before the LORD, for He comes to judge the earth. 

Give thanks to the LORD, for He is good; His love endures forever. 
We cry out, “Save us, God our Savior; gather us and deliver us from the nations,
that we may give thanks to Your holy name, and glory in Your praise.”


Praise be to the LORD, the God of Israel, from everlasting to everlasting.
Then all the people said “Amen” and “Praise the LORD.”

http://youtu.be/uSM96OA39ic - Forever God is Faithful - Michael W Smith

Holy God, Creator the Universe, I lift up  all my praise and worship to You!  
You alone are worthy of all my praise and devotion.  Thank You for being faithful
even when I'm distracted by the cares of this world.  I will not be afraid for You,
O God, are with me always!  May the whole earth, all of Creation lift up praises
to Your Holy Name!   You reign!!! Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment