Tuesday, September 13, 2011

With Cords of human kindness, with ties of love








With cords of human kindness, with ties of love...








http://youtu.be/sQsat6pbx3M - Abba Father - Acapella

Galatians 3:26 - 4:7

You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus. If you belong to Christ, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.


Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, the Spirit
who calls out, "Abba, Father. So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and
since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.

What does it really mean to be called a "child of God"?

As a mom, there's nothing I wouldn't do to protect my children and keep them from harm. I love them unconditionally. Nothing they could ever do would change my love for them. I'd gladly sacrifice all I have for my children. And I think most parents feel the same way I do.

But I'm a human. I can't always be there when my child stumbles, when he might need help. I may not know that he's having a bad day. I might not have the resources to provide the help he needs when he's in trouble. But if I had those resources, I'd give my last dollar to save my child.

But, again, I’m human and full of inadequacies and imperfections.

I have a Father who is perfect in all ways. He never fails me. He loves me even more than I love my children. And His love is perfect - complete and without fault. His provisions are always enough, and He is with me everywhere I go, so I never have to face a problem alone. He understands, and I don't even have to use words to explain myself. He knows my heart and what I want to say - even when it doesn't come out just right. He never fails me although I fail Him every day. His compassions and mercies are new every morning. I get to start fresh - sinless in His eyes because I'm clothed in Christ's blood.

My Father loves me with a love that is like no earthly love. My Father not only loves - HE is LOVE - that pure love that never fails.



As a read some passages in the Bible about God being my Father, I was much moved to see how many times Jesus refers to God the Father as "your Father". Jesus told us that God is our Father - not just His. When we became Christ followers, we were born again into our new Family - the Family of God. Jesus is our older protective Brother, and His Father became our Father.
We have been adopted into this indescribable Family of love and unity, and we have all the same benefits as our big Brother! We are joint heirs with Christ to our Father's inheritance.





and since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God’s glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

Matthew 6:25-30
“That is why I say to you; don’t worry about living—wondering what you are going to eat or drink, or what you are going to wear. Surely life is more important than food, and the body more important than the clothes you wear. Look at the birds in the sky. They never sow nor reap nor store away in barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Aren’t you much more valuable to him than they are? Can any of you, however much he worries, make himself an inch taller? And why do you worry about clothes? Consider how the wild flowers grow. They neither work nor weave, but I tell you that even Solomon in all his glory was never arrayed like one of these! Now if God so clothes the flowers of the field, which are alive today and burnt in the stove tomorrow, is he not much more likely to clothe you, you ‘little-faiths’?


Mathew 7:9-11
“If any of you were asked by his son for bread would you be likely to give him a stone, or if he asks for a fish would you give him a snake? If you then, for all your evil, quite naturally give good things to your children, how much more likely is it that your Heavenly Father will give good things to those who ask him?”

My Father is loving and kind. When I need something, He provides. And just like my earthly parents, He loves me enough to say "no" sometimes. There are times when I think I know what I need or at least what I want, but my Father knows what would happen if He gave me everything I desired. He says "no" to my requests for things that will bring harm. That's real love.

Hebrews 12:7-11
As you endure this divine discipline, remember that God is treating you as his own children. Who ever heard of a child who is never disciplined by its father? 8 If God doesn’t discipline you as he does all of his children, it means that you are illegitimate and are not really his children at all. 9 Since we respected our earthly fathers who disciplined us, shouldn’t we submit even more to the discipline of the Father of our spirits, and live forever? 10 For our earthly fathers disciplined us for a few years, doing the best they knew how. But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way

And my Father is forgiving. He always stand ready to welcome me home no matter how much I've messed up. He sees my brokenness and He responds with love and compassion.

This passage from Hosea 11 touches my heart. Listen to the LORD talk about Ephraim and Israel – His chosen people. Can You hear the love and compassion He has for them even though they have repeatedly turned to other gods?

The Lord says “It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.”

I remember watching Larry as he taught Tyler to walk. Standing behind him, “Dad” would reach down and hold both of Tyler’s hands, then patiently guide him all over the house for as long as Tyler wanted to keep walking. Tyler’s Daddy was so proud of every step he took. And although it wasn’t comfortable walking around all stooped over holding on to Ty, “Daddy “was willing to walk with him as long as Tyler wanted his help.

As you read this passage, keep in mind that we, too, are God’s chosen people. Because of what Christ did for us, we have become heirs to the Promise that the Lord Almighty made to Abraham. That promise was that through Abraham’s Seed, all nations of the earth would be blessed. His chosen ones are those of us who have been redeemed by the blood by Abraham’s Seed – Jesus the Christ.

Hosea 11
“When Israel was a child, I loved him, and out of Egypt I called my son. 2 But the more they were called, the more they went away from me. They sacrificed to the Baals and they burned incense to images. 3 It was I who taught Ephraim to walk, taking them by the arms; but they did not realize it was I who healed them. 4 I led them with cords of human kindness, with ties of love. To them I was like one who lifts a little child to the cheek, and I bent down to feed them.

How many times has God held my hand and gently guiding me in the right direction? How many times has He lifted me up and held me to His cheek when I was discouraged or sad? How many times has He been my Daddy – loving me and caring for me, even when I was acting like a rebellious child? He still loved me.

When I finally realize how much I need my Father, I turn back for Home, humbled, broken and repentant. Just like the story of the Lost Son, my Father is always waiting with open arms.


Luke 15:10-24
10 In the same way, there is joy in the presence of God’s angels when even one sinner repents.” Parable of the Lost Son 11 To illustrate the point further, Jesus told them this story: “A man had two sons. 12 The younger son told his father, ‘I want my share of your estate now before you die.’ So his father agreed to divide his wealth between his sons. 13 “A few days later this younger son packed all his belongings and moved to a distant land, and there he wasted all his money in wild living. 14 About the time his money ran out, a great famine swept over the land, and he began to starve. 15 He persuaded a local farmer to hire him, and the man sent him into his fields to feed the pigs. 16 The young man became so hungry that even the pods he was feeding the pigs looked good to him. But no one gave him anything. 17 “When he finally came to his senses, he said to himself, ‘At home even the hired servants have food enough to spare, and here I am dying of hunger! 18 I will go home to my father and say, “Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, 19 and I am no longer worthy of being called your son. Please take me on as a hired servant.”’ 20 “So he returned home to his father. And while he was still a long way off, his father saw him coming. Filled with love and compassion, he ran to his son, embraced him, and kissed him. 21 His son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against both heaven and you, and I am no longer worthy of being called your son.’ 22 “But his father said to the servants, ‘Quick! Bring the finest robe in the house and put it on him. Get a ring for his finger and sandals for his feet. 23 And kill the calf we have been fattening. We must celebrate with a feast, 24 for this son of mine was dead and has now returned to life. He was lost, but now he is found.’ So the party began.

http://youtu.be/zt-lUMBWi30 - The Prodigal - Casting Crowns

Father God, I'm so humbled by Your majesty and greatness. Your power and might are awesome, and there is no one who can compare with You. Thank You for allowing me to call You my "Father". How incredible is that? That I can come before the Creator of the Universe, and call You "Abba", my own Daddy. I can ask for anything and if what I ask is in line with Your perfect plan for me, You will provide everything I need and more. I can't even begin to take it in, but this I know. I am greatly loved by my Father and by my Brother. I'm so very thankful for the most precious gift of being part of Your Family. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment