Monday, November 14, 2011

He is an Awesome God!

http://youtu.be/ijAKh_C89UE - Awesome God


Isaiah 53


1 Who has believed our message? To whom has the Lord revealed his powerful arm?
My servant grew up in the Lord’s presence like a tender green shoot,
like a root in dry ground.
There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance,
nothing to attract us to him.
He was despised and rejected—a man of sorrows, acquainted with deepest grief.
We turned our backs on him and looked the other way.
He was despised, and we did not care.
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried;
it was our sorrows[a] that weighed him down.
And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God,
a punishment for his own sins!
But he was pierced for our rebellion, crushed for our sins.
He was beaten so we could be whole.
He was whipped so we could be healed.
All of us, like sheep, have strayed away.
We have left God’s paths to follow our own.
Yet the Lord laid on him the sins of us all.
He was oppressed and treated harshly,
yet he never said a word.
He was led like a lamb to the slaughter.
And as a sheep is silent before the shearers,
he did not open his mouth.
Unjustly condemned, he was led away.
No one cared that he died without descendants,
that his life was cut short in midstream.
But he was struck down for the rebellion of my people.
He had done no wrong and had never deceived anyone.
But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man’s grave.
But it was the Lord’s good plan to crush him and cause him grief.
Yet when his life is made an offering for sin, he will have many descendants.
He will enjoy a long life, and the Lord’s good plan will prosper in his hands.
When he sees all that is accomplished by his anguish, he will be satisfied.
And because of his experience, my righteous servant will make it possible
for many to be counted righteous, for he will bear all their sins.
I will give him the honors of a victorious soldier,
because he exposed himself to death.
He was counted among the rebels.
He bore the sins of many and interceded for rebels.

The video above is hard to watch. But I know it's important for me to be reminded of what Jesus, the Son of God, endured so that I might spend Eternity with Him.

God Himself put on flesh and came to earth - not as a prince or a king, not someone of great power and wealth, but as a infant born to a teen mom who had very little worldly comforts to offer her baby.

Jesus willing subjected Himself to a lowly life here on earth. Why?

Don't you wonder why God didn't come to earth with all His power and might? Jesus had the authority to make every person bow down to Him, but instead, He came as a humble servant - not seeking to be served but to serve. He lived a perfect life in spite of the difficulties and suffering.

He rose above the circumstances of very little financial means, He didn't even have a home - a place to lay His head at night. Why?

Jesus became fully man and faced every temptation that we face. If you think for a moment that He went 40 days in the Wilderness without food but wasn't truly hungry - wasn't tempted to turn those stones into bread, you are wrong. He was fully human yet He did not sin.

Jesus felt every lash of the whip, He hurt when people ridiculed Him and spat on Him, He suffered the unimaginable pain of the cross. He did that for me.

Why? I think He suffered in all ways that man suffers so that we would know that He understands when we suffer.

We can trust our Savior to understand when we go through difficult times. He has compassion because He has been there, right where we are in our suffering and struggles. He loved us so much, He endured the cross and every step leading to it.

Why?  Because He loves us more than we'll probably ever full understand.
http://youtu.be/TQ2jDUGcOsk - I have been there - Mark Schultz



Holy God, how can I ever thank You enough for what You've done for me?
Please forgive me for all the times I take Your amazing gift of love, the gift
of salvation, for granted. How can I not fall on my knees in gratitude and praise
every single day for what You've done and continue to do for me?

It was real.

The cross and all that entailed, the flogging, the long difficult walk through
Jerusalem streets to Golgotha, carrying the heavy cross on Your back!
The humiliation and rejection of facing the screaming crowds shouting
"Crucify Him!"

The pain of seeing the hopelessness in the face of your disciples
All that pain and suffering and all You had to do was speak a word.
You could have called ten thousand angels to Your side, but instead
You went through all of that suffering for me.


I have nothing to offer in thanksgiving. Everything I have is Yours already -
gifts from a loving God. All I have to offer is the way I live my life.

Lord Jesus, I give You my life. Please help me to live in such a way
that Your Name will be lifted High and given glory and honor.
I am Yours forever. Create in me a clean heart and renew a right
spirit within me each day, as I seek to live for Your glory.


Forgive me when I fail, which is so often.


How great is the Father's love that He would send His own Son to die for me.
Oh mighty God, I love You, too. In the Precious Name of Jesus I pray. Amen.


http://youtu.be/k_MyC6kJzPg- Unfailing Love - Chris Tomlin


I'll live for Him because He died for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment