Friday, November 18, 2011

Jesus cares about anything that concerns me.  I'm not alone.

You and me today, LORD.
I'm giving all my cares and worries to You.


"Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Though I sit in darkness,
the LORD will be my light."


Micah 7:8

http://youtu.be/Hx5Y9DhoLJQ - Never Let Go - David Crowder Band
Paul suffered more adversity that I'll ever have to face.  Yet his reaction to the suffering was to trust Jesus.
I'm greatly encouraged by Paul when I read this passage:

2 Corinthians 4

Therefore, since God in his mercy has given us this new way, we never give up. 2 We reject all shameful deeds and underhanded methods. We don’t try to trick anyone or distort the word of God. We tell the truth before God, and all who are honest know this.


3 If the Good News we preach is hidden behind a veil, it is hidden only from people who are perishing. 4 Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.

5 You see, we don’t go around preaching about ourselves. We preach that Jesus Christ is Lord, and we ourselves are your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who said, “Let there be light in the darkness,” has made this light shine in our hearts so we could know the glory of God that is seen in the face of Jesus Christ.

7 We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves.

8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed. Through suffering, our bodies continue to share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies.

Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be evident in our dying bodies.  So we live in the face of death, but this has resulted in eternal life for you.

How did Paul share in the death of Jesus?  He experienced the same struggles and persecution that Jesus experienced. Jesus dying on the cross was just the last struggle He faced.  His whole life - all thirty three years- was one of challenges and suffering.  Yet He continued to trust His Father to be with Him and to work things together according to the Perfect Plan which would bring our redemption.  Paul faced his struggles just like Jesus did - trusting in his faithful Father.

Sometimes I feel pressed on every side, almost driven to despair, alone.  This passage reminds me that I am never going to be crushed nor abandoned. When I'm knocked down, I can trust God to lift me back up.  I can trust Him through anything.

13 But we continue to preach because we have the same kind of faith the psalmist had when he said, “I believed in God, so I spoke.” 14 We know that God, who raised the Lord Jesus, will also raise us with Jesus and present us to himself together with you. 15 All of this is for your benefit. And as God’s grace reaches more and more people, there will be great thanksgiving, and God will receive more and more glory.

Hear now the most comforting words from Paul.  This life is not all there is. Our future will be glorious.  We can fix our eyes on that Hope.

16 That is why we never give up. Though our bodies are dying, our spirits are being renewed every day. 17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! 18 So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

+++++

The following is from Jesus Calling by Sarah Young

Trusting Me is a moment-by-moment choice. My people have not always understood this truth.
After I performed miracles in the wilderness, My chosen children trusted Me intensely -- but only temporarily. Soon the grumbling began again, testing My patience to the utmost.

Isn't it often the same way with you? You trust Me when things go well, when you see me working on your behalf. This type of trust flows readily within you, requiring no exertion of your will. When things go wrong, your trust-flow slows down and solidifies. You are forced to choose between trusting Me intentionally or rebelling: resenting My ways with you.

This choice constitutes a fork in the road. Stay on the path of Life with Me, enjoying My Presence. Choose
to trust Me in all circumstances.

++++++

from A Book of Prayer by Stormie Omartian

Lord, I give all of my anxiety and fear to You. I surrender my hold on them and release them into Your hands. I lift my eyes to You, for You are my help in time of trouble. I will praise You in the midst of all that happens in my life. I know that in Your presence I don't need to be anxious or afraid of anything. I refuse to entertain discouragement and instead choose this day to find my encouragement in You. Your love comforts me and takes away all my fear. Your power in my life gives me strength and makes me secure. Thank You for giving me the courage to go forward and fulfill the destiny You have for me.

++++++

This poor man cried out, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles. The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him, and delivers them. Psalm 34:6-7

http://youtu.be/HGCHecATSGs - Arms that Hold the Universe - Steve Fee

I know it seems
Like this could be
The darkest day you've known
But believe you me
The God of strength
Will never let you go
He will overcome, I know

And the arms that hold the universe
Are holding you tonight.
You can rest inside
It's gonna be alright

And the voice that calmed the raging sea
Is calling you His child
So be still and know He's in control
He will never let you go

Through many dangers, toils and snares
You have already come
His grace has brought you safe this far
(And) His grace will lead you home

You can hope, you can rise, you can stand
He has still got the whole world in His hands

No comments:

Post a Comment