Friday, November 25, 2011

I am blessed!  Thank You, God.

Four of my blessings!
http://youtu.be/USWD2MQRfTU - Thank You, God

As I began to watch the video above, I almost turned it off because the lyrics were
just "I'm so blessed, I am so grateful for all I have" - over and over again.  But as I
continued to sit quietly listening, I thought about just how blessed I am.  Images of
my family ran through my mind, and I thought "I am so blessed".  I thought about
how safe and warm I felt in my very own bed last night, and I thought "I am so blessed."
As the sweet music continued, tears came to my eyes as I thanked God for all His
blessings.  I am so blessed. 

I hope you won't give up and turn the song off too fast.  Take the four minutes to
experience the gratitude and love that comes into your heart as you remember just
how blessed you are.  It's a great way to begin the day.

Psalm 108 ESV
My heart is steadfast, O God!

I will sing and make melody with all my being!
Awake, O harp and lyre!
I will awake the dawn!


I will give thanks to you, O LORD, among the peoples;
I will sing praises to you among the nations.


For your steadfast love is great above the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens!
Let your glory be over all the earth!

I love Thanksgiving.  It's a special time to remember how blessed we all are.  It's wonderful to have one day when everyone is remembering and thanking God for His goodness throughout the year. He is so faithful to provide for us and protect us. I want the spirit of Thanksgiving to be part of my every day life. I should be thanking Him for the many, many blessings He just pours down on me and my family, not just on Thanksgiving, but every waking moment.  I want to be more mindful of His goodness.  I want to show my gratitude every day, not just once a year.

Psalm 30:11-12

You turned my wailing into dancing; you removed my sackcloth and clothed me with joy,
that my heart may sing to you and not be silent. O LORD my God, I will give you thanks forever.


Psalm 34:1
I will extol the LORD at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.


Psalm 50: 14-15
Sacrifice thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High, and call upon me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor me."


Psalm 69:30
I will praise God's name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.


Psalm 95:2
Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.


Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.


Psalm 147:7
Sing to the LORD with thanksgiving; make music to our God on the harp.



2 Corinthians 9:11
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.

Ephesians 5:3-4
But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place, but rather thanksgiving.


Philippians 4:6
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.


Colossians 2:6-7
So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.


Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.
And be thankful.


Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful.


1 Timothy 2:1
I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—


1Timothy 4:4-5
For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.


Hebrews 12:28-29
Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire."

Being thankful is a critical part of the Christian walk. My thankfulness honors God, to be sure.  But something else happens at the same time. When I acknowledge how blessed I am, God gives me a peace that I can't explain.  In the midst of terrible struggles and suffering, if I stop to thank God for all my blessings instead of dwelling on my struggle, the anxiousness and stress seem to melt away.  I find the Peace that surpasses all understanding.  I really feel that peace.  I don't know why I'm surprised at how well counting my blessings works to lift the burden of my heart.  After all, didn't God tell me that would happen?  God spoke this truth through Paul in his letter to the Philippians.

Philippians 4:6-8 ESV
do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Majestic GOD, Your power and majesty are beyond the reach of my

imagination. I am in awe of You and Your supremacy over everything.
I praise You because “Your love reaches to the heavens,
Your faithfulness to the skies. Great is Your faithfulness’.

Thank You for loving me, Father. Because of Your unmatchable love,
I know I can conquer anything You, in Your infinite wisdom, goodness
and love, may allow in my life. I can do all things through Christ, who
continually gives me strength. Thank You, Jesus, for sending Your
Spirit to provide everything I need to face this day.
May You be glorified in my life today and always. Amen.

http://youtu.be/ND7OX5eFQmM - You're My God - Jaci Velasquez

Thank You, God!




No comments:

Post a Comment