Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How Great is our God?

http://youtu.be/t7F-B2DLvAQ - God of wonders - Chris Tomlin

What better way to start the day than by remembering how great is our God? 

from "A Treasury of Praise" by  Ruth Myers w/ Warren Myers

I magnify You, O Lord, I exalt Your name, for You are great and highly to be praised.  I praise You for the glorious splendor of Your majesty and the power of Your awe-inspiring acts.  Your power is unlimited ... absolute ... beyond imagining.  You are able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or dream of.  "There is nothing too hard for You."  Who is like You, "majestic in holiness, awesome in praises, working wonders"?

O Lord Most High, You rule over the heavens and the earth, for You made all things by Your great power, and You keep them existing and working by Your mighty Word.  You are exalted high above every star and galaxy in the entire cosmos ... yet You are also "the God of all mankind," the great, personally present, personally involved God who loves, rescues, and takes care of all who trust You.  You exercise Your gracious authority over all nations -- and over each individual in all the world. There is none like You, the true God, the living God, the everlasting King.

I praise You for Your sovereignty over the broad events of my life and over the details.  With You, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted.  You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny.  And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on.  Thank You that I can move into the future non defensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age... and through all eternity.

-----------------------------------

Praise His Holy Name! 

http://youtu.be/xi0yLRX4d2M - How Great is our God? - Chris Tomlin


I long to be able to praise God with powerful words of adoration and thanksgiving.  But so many times, my words just seem to fall flat.  They are so inadequate.  I love that God has provided us with a way to praise Him - using Spirit filled words right from the Bible.  The prayer above is Scripture prayer and praise.  The verses below were used to speak the powerful truths in this prayer.  The inspired Words of Scripture never fall short.   What better way to speak His praises?

Psalm 145:3-6 NKJV
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
And His greatness is unsearchable.

4 One generation shall praise Your works to another,
And shall declare Your mighty acts.
5 I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty,
And on Your wondrous works.


Ephesians 3:20 NKJV
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all
that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,


Jeremiah 32:17 NKJV
‘Ah, Lord God! Behold, You have made the heavens and the earth
by Your great power and outstretched arm. There is nothing too hard for You.


Exodus 15:11 NIV
Who among the gods is like you, LORD?
Who is like you— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?

Hebrews 1:3 NIV
The Son is the radiance of God’s glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.



Jeremiah 32:27 NIV
“I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?



Jeremiah 10:6-7 NIV
No one is like you, LORD; you are great, and your name is mighty in power.
Who should not fear you, King of the nations? This is your due.
Among all the wise leaders of the nations and in all their kingdoms,
there is no one like you.

Daniel 5:23c NIV
You praised the gods of silver and gold, of bronze, iron, wood and stone,
which cannot see or hear or understand. But you did not honor the
God who holds in his hand your life and all your ways.



Hebrews 13:5 NIV
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,

“Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”


Isaiah 46:4 NIV
Even to your old age and gray hairs I am he, I am he who will sustain you.
I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you.

No comments:

Post a Comment