Monday, March 19, 2012

Being an intercessor for the lost

http://youtu.be/pYqogpLpC5Q - Mighty to Save - Laura Story

When I pray, if God doesn't answer exactly the way I want, sometimes, I stop
praying.  But Jesus told us to be persistent in making our requests known.  He also
said that when we pray in accordance with His will, He will answer.

What prayer could be more in accordance with the will of God than praying for the salvation of others? 

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slow in keeping His promise, as some understand slowness.  He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance.

1 Timothy 2:1-8
1 I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— 2 for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. 3 This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth. 5 For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave himself as a ransom for all people. This has now been witnessed to at the proper time. 7 And for this purpose I was appointed a herald and an apostle—I am telling the truth, I am not lying—and a true and faithful teacher of the Gentiles.


8 Therefore I want the men everywhere to pray, lifting up holy hands without anger or disputing.

Paul tells us to pray for all people because it is good and pleases God our Savior, who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.  He tells us to lift up holy (pure, righteous) hands - in other words, He wants us to pray with a clean heart and loving spirit for all people. 

If we want to be a mountain - moving prayer warrior and intercessor, we must come before God with praise and thanksgiving, and then ask Him to cleanse our hearts and renew a right spirit in us.

God has put several people on my heart.  These are people I love who need to know the saving power of Christ in their lives.  Many of them were raised in church but never really got to that place where they completely trusted God.  I was one of those people for too long and I wasted a lot of years rebelling, doing things my own way.  I found out the hard way how pointless my way of living was. My new life in Christ is so much better and I want my friends to enjoy the peace and joy that I now have. 

I can't make them listen if they aren't willing to hear. But my life can be a testimony to His love and goodness.  I can be His witness without a word, if that's what it takes.   And I can pray for them every single day.  

"When we pray for others the Spirit of God works in the unconscious domain of their being that we know nothing about, and the one we are praying for knows nothing about, but after the passing of time the conscious life of the one prayed for begins to show signs of unrest and disquiet. We may have spoken until we are worn out, but have never come anywhere near, and we have given up in despair. But if we have been praying, we find on meeting them one day that there is the beginning of a softening in an inquiry and a desire to know something. It is that kind of intercession that does most damage to Satan's kingdom. It is so slight, so feeble in its initial stages that if reason is not wedded to the light of the Holy Spirit, we will never obey it, and yet it is that kind of intercession that the New Testament places most emphasis on." - Oswald Chambers


"Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water"  - Hebrews 10:22
 
Holy Father, I give You all my praise and adoration for You alone are worthy.  You brought me up out of the pit.  You lifted me up and clothed me with the righteousness of Your Son. Because of Your love, I am a new creation in Christ.  My sins are gone, I've been set free because Jesus took my punishment. My sins are nailed to His cross and the new life He has given me, I live for Him and in Him. Thank You for Your amazing love and grace to a sinner like me.  Oh Father, how can I not tell others of this precious gift I have received?  Forgive me and show me how to speak life to those I love and those I meet every day.
 
Father, I have several people whom I love and they have been blinded by the enemy.  He is constantly whispering lies in their ears, causing them to doubt and to question Your love and Your goodness.  Lord, You know the precious ones I'm lifting up.  They need You.  They need the joy that only You can give.  Father, please draw them to Your Son.   Open their eyes to Your Truth.  Take away the confusion of the Enemy and break down every strong hold in their lives that separates them from the victory that they can have in Jesus.  Help them to seek You with all their hearts and help them to find You, Lord, just as You promised. Father, please help my friends and family members to see Your faithfulness.  Give them the peace that surpasses all understanding as they put their hope in You. Father, for those who question Your existence, show Yourself in powerful ways in their lives.  For those who are angry because You didn't answer a prayer they way they wanted you to answer it, Father soothe their heart, hold them close and comfort them.  Help them to feel Your love and to trust Your goodness - Your plan for good and not evil, Your plan to give them a hope and a future.  For those who don't realize they are lost, show them Father, whatever it takes, show them they need need You.  Humble each one so that they will call out to You for forgiveness and mercy.  Holy Father, bring these precious ones to Jesus.  Father, help me to be persistent in praying these ones who need Your salvation.  Help me not to give up but to intercede faithfully, as You have called me to do.   I ask all these things in the Name of my precious Savior, Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment