Wednesday, March 21, 2012

http://youtu.be/98nG3xH02wo - I know You're there - Casting Crowns


There are people I love who are going through difficult circumstances this day.  Surgery, loss of a loved one, devastating illness - my heart is burdened for these precious ones. Most of these people know the Lord and find strength and comfort in His Presence.  They trust even when they don't understand.  That's amazing faith.

What's especially difficult is watching people face hard times without Jesus.   There are people I love who have not trusted in Him; where can they find comfort? 

Larry and I watched a movie last night. Descendants with George Clooney was a thought provoking movie.  The language was not appropriate, and it distracted me from the message some what. I didn't like that at all. However, I watched and looked for the message.  The story line follows Matt King (George's character) who is faced with the realization that he has not been an involved father or husband.  Unfortunately, it takes his wife being in a terrible accident which leaves her in a coma for him to see what he needs to change.  This is a love story of a dad  re-connecting with his daughters.

I can't tell you much without giving away the ending, but what I got from it was each day needs to be precious to us.  We need to treat one another as if every moment we have could be our last.  We need to make time for our family and friends. Most of all, we need to make sure they know Jesus BEFORE tragedy strikes, and they can no longer make a choice to accept Him.

Who do you love who doesn't know Jesus?  What if they had a terrible accident today and were left in a coma?  What if they died?  Did you share the gospel with them?  Or were you like me, to embarrassed, to afraid?  Too busy? Afraid you might offend them?  Afraid that they would think you are a fanatic? 

You have what they need.  Hope. Eternal Life with God.  Don't let earthly fears keep you from telling everyone about Jesus.  You never know when it will be too late.

Pray for opportunities to share God's plan of Salvation.  Watch for open doors.  You don't have to be able to recite the entire bible to someone to deliver the message of God's mercy and grace.  Just share what He's done in your life.  Be a witness by the way you live.  And never give up on people.  Keep praying.  Trust God to make the seeds you plant grow in His time.  He loves them, too.


Psalm 139 niv


For the director of music. Of David. A psalm.


1 You have searched me, LORD, and You know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   You perceive my thoughts from afar.


3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   You are familiar with all my ways.


4 Before a word is on my tongue, You, LORD, know it completely.


5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and You lay Your hand upon me.


6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.


7 Where can I go from your Spirit? 
   Where can I flee from Your presence?


8 If I go up to the heavens, You are there;
   if I make my bed in the depths, You are there.


9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,


10 even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast.


11 If I say, “Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,”


12 even the darkness will not be dark to You; the night will shine like the day,
     for darkness is as light to You.


13 For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mother’s womb.


14 I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
     Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.


15 My frame was not hidden from You when I was made in the secret place,
     when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.


16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
     all the days ordained for me were written in Your book
     before one of them came to be.


17 How precious to me are Your thoughts, God!  How vast is the sum of them!


18 Were I to count them, they would outnumber the grains of sand—
     when I awake, I am still with You.



Praying that you feel His presence today and every day.


I love this song so much. I believe every word. Yesterday I was in the car and it came on the radio and my soul was just soothed. He is with me every single moment, and He cares about everything that concerns me. He loves each one of us as if we were His only child. I feel safe and protected - no matter what He may allow in my life, I know He'll be with me through it all.

I do make one little change in the lyrics when I sing this song. I change one word. I sing "I know You're HERE", not I know You're there, because He is with me, right here, right now, always and forever, never "there", here with me. And with you. With us all.


If all I had was one last breath
I'd spend it just to sing Your praise
Just to say Your name

If all I had was one last prayer
I'd pray it 'cause I know You're always listening

If I could live a thousand lives, bind the hands of time
I would spend every moment by Your side

'cause I, I know You're there, I know You see me
You're the air I breathe
You are the ground beneath me

I know You're there, I know You hear me
I can find You anywhere

If all I had was one more song to sing
I would raise a noise to make the heavens ring

If all I had was one last chance, I'd take it
I would stake it all on You

If I could raise up high and catch a glimpse of every eye
I would make them believe
What I feel inside

If I could live a thousand lives and bind the hands of time

If I could rise up high and catch a glimpse of every eye

I know You're there
I know You're there
I know You're there, You're there

http://youtu.be/fmFd0MvU7zo - Perfect Peace - Laura Story

No comments:

Post a Comment