Monday, March 26, 2012

Do I trust Him or not?


http://youtu.be/WCX7ldINNmg - Through it all - Hillsong

Ephesians 3:14-21
For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 1and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.



Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,  to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Our Wednesday night ladies' class is studying Beth Moore's "Stepping Up" - a study of the psalms of ascent. I got a little behind on my homework for this week but had to share an excerpt from day 1 of week 6.

from Stepping Up:

One of the most spectacular elements of Psalm 132 is how God's answers exceeded the psalmist's petition. God appears to thoroughly enjoy doing "immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" - Ephesians 3:20 NIV, and probably has few bigger frustrations than when our prayerlessness denies Him the chance. You see, if we don't "ask or imagine", what does God have to out-do?

God has done the same for you, Beloved, and here's the amazing part:

He's answered you above and beyond what you
asked on some of the very requests you assumed
He answered negatively.

If time and opportunity have passed, we assume God said no. Sometimes we're right. Sometimes we're wrong. Our finite minds simply cannot grasp God's infinite ways of answering prayer. You have no idea how many times you've prayed and God answered affirmatively but is awaiting the proper time for its revelation. Somewhat like Matthew 16:19, the answer has been "loosed" in heaven but hasn't yet been "loosed" on the pavement of earth. When the revelation does come, we sometimes don't link it with what we originally asked because we don't recognize the supersized Ephesians 3:20 answer.

-------------------------


Isn't that amazing! I've read and used Ephesians 3:20 often to remind myself and others of God's faithfulness and love. I try not to limit God by giving Him my list things I think He needs to do in regards to my prayer requests, but human nature gets the best of me.  I want my friends to be healed.  I want marriages to be restored and strong; I want, I want, I want... but what does God have planned?  What is His perfect will?

I love my friends and family and when they hurt, I want their burdens to be lifted and gone! If I could just remember that God loves them more than I could ever begin to comprehend, and that He wants good things for them - much more so than I do, then maybe I could pray for His will to be done without flinching, without being afraid to leave it in His hands?  Do I trust Him or not?

Beth Moore's words remind me once again that He is faithful even when I don't understand the delay; even when it seems He is not answering me at all. Why do I give up on prayer requests when I don't immediately see an answer? I must be persistent and pray - believing that He has already put things in motion to answer - maybe not in a way that my punie little mind works, but in ways that are immeasurably greater than anything I could ask or imagine?


Do I trust Him or not?

http://youtu.be/EGLSk3AVcUU - Don't Give Up - Josh Groban

No comments:

Post a Comment