Monday, August 20, 2012

FREEDOM




http://youtu.be/VaVg0cWkgAw - Voice of Truth - Casting Crowns

Oh,what I would do to have
the kind of faith it takes
To climb out of this boat I'm in
Onto the crashing waves
To step out of my comfort zone
Into the realm of the unknown
Where Jesus is,
And he's holding out his hand
But the waves are calling out my name
and they laugh at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The waves they keep on telling me
time and time again
"Boy, you'll never win,
You you'll never win
But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth
Oh, what I would do
to have the kind of strength it takes
To stand before a giant
with just a sling and a stone
Surrounded by the sound
of a thousand warriors
shaking in their armor
Wishing they'd have had the strength to stand
But the giant's calling out
my name and he laughs at me
Reminding me of all the times
I've tried before and failed
The giant keeps on telling me
time and time again
"Boy you'll never win,
you'll never win."
But the voice of truth tells me a different story
the Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
and the Voice of truth says "this is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth
But the stone was just the right size
to put the giant on the ground
and the waves they don't seem so high
from on top of them looking down
I will soar with the wings of eagles
when I stop and listen to the sound of Jesus
singing over me
But the Voice of truth tells me a different story
The Voice of truth says "do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of truth says "this is for my glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me (calling out to me)
I will choose to listen and believe (I will choose to listen and believe)
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of truth
I will listen and believe
I will listen and believe the Voice of truth
I will listen and believe
'Cause Jesus you are the Voice of truth
And I will listen to you.. oh you are the Voice of truth
                                       

Charles Stanley was talking about Freedom - living in freedom, not letting ourselves be bound by the chains of Satan's lies and deceit.  Today, I want to share some of his insight.   
                                                                            
So Jesus was saying to those Jews who had believed Him, “If you abide in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;  and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.”  John 8:31-32


What is the truth?  And how can I know it? 

The truth is the Word of God.  I can know the truth by reading, studying, meditating on Scripture, memorizing, asking Him to write His Word on my heart, taking each scripture and pondering over how it applies in my life. 

 Jesus says "If you continue (abide) in My word" - how do we continue in His Word? 

It's not just reading a chapter in the bible at night before I fall asleep.  It's being intentional about spending time with Jesus, letting His words fill my heart. When I abide or continue in His Word, it's constantly on my mind.  I allow Him to fill my brain with His Truth, and when I do that, there's simply no room for the lies of the Enemy. 

Satan wants me to feel inadequate, depressed, discouraged, alone, helpless, hopeless, useless, defeated.  But when I abide in God's Truth, I am no longer bound by Satan's chains - his lies and deception are designed to destroy my walk, to render me ineffective for the Kingdom.  John 10:10  - The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life. 

What happens when I think the way Satan wants me to think rather than the way God wants me to think?

I become trapped, locked up in a prison of deception. Nothing makes the Enemy happier than to immobilize a believer.  But Christ has given me freedom from this prison.    

When I spend time reading, studying the Bible, listening and concentrating on each verse, asking God to reveal how each passage applies in my life, memorizing, meditating on His Word, searching for His truths so that I don't just "hear" His Word, but I listen with a sincere desire to obey what He says - that's abiding in His Word.

And when I  abide in His Word, I come to know the truth about who I am, my position in Christ and my inheritance in Christ.

My Position - I am in ChristI am His ambassador to the world.  

Galatians 3:27-29 -  And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you. 

2 Corinthians 5:20-21

Who am I?  I am a child of my Heavenly Father who loves me beyond my greatest imagination.

Romans 8:14-16 -  For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. So you have not received a spirit that makes you fearful slaves. Instead, you received God’s Spirit when he adopted you as his own children. Now we call him, “Abba, Father.” 16 For his Spirit joins with our spirit to affirm that we are God’s children.

My Position in Christ?  I share an inheritance with Christ.  Eternity with my Father.

 1 Peter 1:3-5  -  3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. It is by his great mercy that we have been born again, because God raised Jesus Christ from the dead. Now we live with great expectation, 4 and we have a priceless inheritance—an inheritance that is kept in heaven for you, pure and undefiled, beyond the reach of change and decay. 5 And through your faith, God is protecting you by his power until you receive this salvation, which is ready to be revealed on the last day for all to see.

God not only has an inheritance for me - Eternal life with Him - He has sealed me with the Holy Spirit, who lives in me, giving me strength and power to face any challenge.

 2 Corinthians 1:21-22 -  21 It is God who enables us, along with you, to stand firm for Christ. He has commissioned us, 22 and he has identified us as his own by placing the Holy Spirit in our hearts as the first installment that guarantees everything he has promised us.

Ephesians 3:16-17 - I pray that from his glorious, unlimited resources he will empower you with inner strength through his Spirit. 17 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.

Luke 12:30-31 - 30 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers all over the world, but your Father already knows your needs. 31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

If I abide in these Truths and claim them every day as my inheritance in Christ, I will be free from the chains that Satan uses to bind me, I can reject those lies and live in freedom, because my thoughts and  y heart are constantly on His Word.

The mighty Power of God resides in each believer.  His Divine Power works on my behalf in every struggle or challenge I face.  I am a child of Almighty God, Creator of the Universe.  What can I ever face that is too hard for Him? 

Whom then shall I fear?  

Holy Father, You have given me freedom in Christ.  You've given me a new identity - I am Your child!  You've made me an ambassador for Christ, to be His representative on earth to those who are lost.  Thank You for putting Your Holy Spirit in me, and providing me with everything I need for every challenge I might face.  Lord, please remind me who I am.  That I belong to You and my freedom was purchased by the blood of Your precious Son.  I am free indeed.  Help me to hear Your voice of truth and quickly recognize and reject the lies that the Enemy throws at me every day.  You created me, Father, and I am who You say I am.  I have value because I am Your special possession, created in Your imagine. You have a purpose and a plan designed just for me.  I want to honor You with my life and through Your strength, I can do anything You put before me.
I will not fear for I know You will be with me, always.
 Thank You so much for forgiving me when I fail to abide in Your Word.  Lord, please write it on my heart, give me wisdom and understanding so that I can walk according to Your truth, and live in the Victory Christ has given me.   It's in His precious Name that I pray.  Amen. 

http://youtu.be/trUI1wtIIFk - Word of God Speak - MercyMe

I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay
The last thing I need is to be heard
But to hear what You would say
[Chorus:]
Word of God speak
Would You pour down like rain
Washing my eyes to see
Your majesty
To be still and know
That You're in this place
Please let me stay and rest
In Your holiness
Word of God speak
I'm finding myself in the midst of You
Beyond the music, beyond the noise
All that I need is to be with You
And in the quiet hear Your voice
[Chorus 2x]
I'm finding myself at a loss for words
And the funny thing is it's okay

No comments:

Post a Comment