Thursday, August 23, 2012

Through it all



Then call on Me when you are in trouble,

and I will rescue you,

and you will give Me glory.”

Psalm 50:15


http://youtu.be/Bo-mp_m3nj8 - Through It All - Selah



I must admit, there are days when I get a prayer request, and it just breaks my heart. I don't understand why good people have to suffer so much. I plead for God's mercy and healing, "Please Lord! Help them!" Sometimes, I wonder why He won't just fix it, make it better. Haven't they been faithful to trust Him? Wouldn't redemption from this horrible suffering be a testimony to others of His faithfulness? It's not fair, LORD! Please make it better!



But my ways are not His ways. I'm not in control, and honestly, that's a really good thing. My vision is so limited. God sees the present, past and future. He knows how every action, every event, will affect others. I have to trust that HE wants what's best for me and for my friends. He loves us more than we can possibly understand. His plan for us is good, not evil. So I trust Him.



I know that the greatest injustice of all was Jesus suffering and dying on the cross for my sins. He did nothing to warrant such a horrible death. He was so good to everyone. There was no reason for Him to suffer the way He did. No reason except that through His suffering, we could be redeemed. We could be saved. Jesus thought our spending Eternity with Him in Heaven was worth all the pain.



As I think about the struggles my friends are going through, I weep for them. But then God reminds me that Jesus understands our suffering more than anyone. It wasn't fair for Him to have to take our punishment. But He did it. He trusted His Father, and He went through it all for the joy set before Him. Our redemption, our future with Him was purchased by His suffering. And He knew it was worth it.



1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting Him, He endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now He is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 3 Think of all the hostility He endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. Hebrews 12:1-3



Prayer

Holy Father, help us keep our eyes on Jesus. Whatever You allow in our lives, LORD, use it to draw us closer to You. Help us not listen to the lies of the Enemy as he whispers discouragement and defeat. You have already given us Victory in Christ. Help us to look for the opportunities You have placed right in the middle of our suffering. And even if we don't ever see Your purpose in our struggles, help us to trust You and Your great love for us. Through it all, Lord, strengthen our faith and our trust in You. You have said that the suffering may last for a while, but joy will come in the morning. Even if that morning is not until we wake up in heaven with You, help us to hold on to Your Hand until then. In Jesus' Precious Name we pray. Amen.


http://youtu.be/0JYGhQWgqq4 - Before the Morning - Josh Wilson





Weeping may last through the night,but joy comes with the morning.
Psalm 30:5b NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment