Monday, August 27, 2012

Praise – He Knows My Name


http://youtu.be/JKuEwf9W1cQ - He knows my name - the McRaes

There are days when I wonder why God's not answering my prayers.  During those moments, a spiritual battle goes on in my mind.  "Why doesn't God do something?  Why doesn't He answer?", whispers the Enemy.  But in my heart, I can hear a stronger, kinder, more loving Voice, and that voice soothes my spirit and reminds me.  HE knows my name, and He cares when I hurt more than anyone can imagine. I have His undivided attention and He will not leave me to face whatever I'm facing alone. That's the Voice I will believe. 

Isaiah 49:14-16

Yet Jerusalem says, “The LORD has deserted us;

the Lord has forgotten us.”

“Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child?

Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?

But even if that were possible,

I would not forget you!

16 See, I have written your name on the palms of my hands.



"If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it. If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it. He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning... Face it, friend. He is crazy about you! "

— Max Lucado



The Creator of the Universe has my name written on His Hand. He loves me unconditionally. Nothing I've done deserves His love yet He loves me still. All through the old testament God makes it very clear that He loves His people. In this passage, the Israelites are complaining, "The LORD has forgotten us" they said. But God's response was "NO, I could no more forget you than a mother could forget her nursing child." God loves His people even when they turn away from Him, He draws them back to Himself, sometimes through persecutions and struggles.



It's easy to judge the Israelites. God was so good to them. He provided for all their needs. They were His chosen people and He loved them. I read the stories of their unfaithfulness and I think "How in the world do they keep turning to idols- inanimate objects made of wood or metal or stone, objects that can't do anything on their own. They can't speak or move yet the Israelites worshipped them. What on earth were they thinking?"



Haven't you ever felt that way?



It seems that when the Israelites had everything they needed, they would turn from God and worship idols made by human hands. If I were God, after a few of those episodes, I'd blast them all into eternity! But instead, He doesn't give up on them. Because He loves them, He draws them back, many times by leaving them to themselves for awhile or even through adversities, just until they realize they need Him.



As frustrated and angry as we can get with the Israelites, we can be just like them. When everything is going fine, it's easy to forget God. We turn to other "gods" just as surely as the Israelites worshipped those dumb idols.





What are your idols?



Think about it. What do you spend most of your time doing? What do you spend most of your money on? Anything that takes so much of your attention that you can't make time for God - well, that just may be your "idol".



But God is faithful, even when we are not. We fall down, He picks us up. We turn away from Him, He draws us back. We get distracted with meaningless junk, we fill our lives to overflowing with busyness, sometimes forgetting all about Him, but He never forgets about us. He can't. That's undeserved love and mercy. That is Grace.



This morning, Lord, I give you all my praise and worship. You are God Almighty, Creator of all things that are, were or will be. You care for all Your creation, Lord, from the tiny sparrow, to the lilies of the field, to me, your floundering child who can't seem to keep her head on straight. Thank You Father for loving me anyway. Thank You for reaching out to me when I fall. Thank You for letting me start fresh every morning. Thank You Jesus for covering me with Your Righteousness. Without that, I could never stand before the Throne of our Father, but because of what You did, when HE looks at me, He sees His daughter standing before Him - spotless. What an amazing gift. What amazing love.

Lord, You know how the Enemy tempts me with distractions.  Please protect me from those distractions. Help me to keep my eyes on You today and every day. For You are my Rock, my Salvation. I love You more than life itself, and I don't want anyone or anything to keep me from giving You full attention this day. Lord Jesus, be glorified in my life. I humbly ask these things in Your Name. Amen.


http://youtu.be/mBcqria2wmg - Who am I - Casting Crowns




2 Chronicles 16:9

The eyes of the LORD search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to Him.



Isaiah 43:1

But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says,“Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.



Psalm 139:1-3, 13-16

1 O LORD, you have examined my heart

and know everything about me.

2 You know when I sit down or stand up.

You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.

3 You see me when I travel and when I rest at home.

You know everything I do.

You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body

and knit me together in my mother’s womb.

14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!

Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.

15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,

as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.

16 You saw me before I was born.

Every day of my life was recorded in your book.

Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.





Psalm 63:7-8

7 Because you are my helper,

I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings.

8 I cling to you;

your strong right hand holds me securely.



Psalm 56:8 You keep track of all my sorrows.

You have collected all my tears in your bottle.

You have recorded each one in your book.



2 Corinthians 6:17-18

17 Therefore, come out from among unbelievers,

and separate yourselves from them, says the LORD.

Don’t touch their filthy things, and I will welcome you.

18 And I will be your Father, and you will be my sons and daughters,

says the LORD Almighty.



Hebrews 13:5b-6

For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you." 6 So we can say with confidence, The LORD is my helper, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?”







http://youtu.be/hXsiWoyjw60 - He Knows My Name  Maranatha Singers



I have a maker

he formed my heart,

before even time began

My life was in his hands


He knows my name

He knows my every thought,

He sees each tear that falls

and hears me when I call

I have a father,

he calls me his own

He'll never leave me,

no matter where I go

He knows my name

He knows my every thought

 sees each tear that falls

and hears me when I call



He knows my name

He knows my every thought

He sees each tear that falls

and hears me when I call



He knows my name

He knows my every thought

He sees each tear that falls

And hears me when I call

He hears me when I call

No comments:

Post a Comment