Friday, October 28, 2011

I'm beautiful like me! = )

 Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. - Ecclesiastes 3:11a

"I'm not beautiful like you.  I"m beautiful like me."

I like this quote.  It comes from a song by a group called Joydrop.  It speaks to the struggle with body image issues that is so prevalent in our country.  Our self-esteem gets shot down everyday by expectations placed on us by the movie and modeling industries. We begin to believe the lie that if we don't look just like the stars or the models, we're some how less beautiful than they are.  That's not what God says.

Psalm 139 is one of my favorite passages in the Bible.  It always reminds me of how very intentional God was as He created each of us.  The amazing process of our growth and development while we're still in the womb has been overlooked, discounted by science and even by some of us believers. How can we not be in awe of the incredible process that happens before birth?  Science has tried to eliminate Divine design by saying we simply evolved from some freakish act of nature.  How in the world do bright, seemingly intelligent people think that's a logical explanation? 

Am I the only one who wants to know how our scientific community thinks that this could happen, not once but twice? Supposedly, the first evolution became a male and then it had to "accidentally" do the same evolution process again with just exactly the right changes (ovaries, uterus, womb) to evolve into a female?  These two "evolutionary" creatures just happened to be perfectly matched to procreate?  They just happened to evolve at the same place on the earth, at the same time?  They would have to, right?  Otherwise how could they procreate if they weren't together?  So far, this amazing bit of "evolution" only happened one time in all history.  ????   How can anyone believe that?

Are we so determined to keep God out of Creation that we can convince ourselves that this ridiculous concept is science?

I was created in God's own image; knit together in the womb by my Creator. And He doesn't make mistakes. He designed me just the way I am so that I could fulfill His very special purpose for me. I'm beautiful just the way I am, fully equipped by God with everything I need to accomplish what He has planned for me to do.

I'm beautiful like me - great message.  Isn't it interesting how may of the really insightful thoughts and quotes we hear are really just an interpretation of what God said a long time ago?  Look again at the verse from Ecclesiastes - "God has made everything beautiful for its own time."  I have a purpose that God prepared for me before I was even born.  I am uniquely qualified to accomplish what God has purposed for me.  He's given me everything I need to accomplish that purpose.
"I'm not beautiful like you.  I'm beautiful like me."  Joydrop
photo by Chrysalides


http://youtu.be/IgsfESBDFcg - You Make Everything Beautiful - Rebecca St. James










Holy Father, Creator of Heaven and Earth and everything that is, was or is to come, I bow down before You in awe and amazement!  Your Creation is incredible and perfect in design. Every tiny creature is unique and designed with great detail and purpose.  I'm just baffled that anyone could think even one little iota of Your Creation just happened by some freakish act of nature.  Please forgive us for failing to give You praise and worship for Your beautiful Universe.  Father, forgive me, too, for all the times I've complained about the body You designed for me.  Thank You, Lord, that I am wonderfully made.  Thank You that I can see, hear, talk, smell, taste, move, think, laugh, cry, love...  These are just a few of the amazing gifts You have given me and I fail to appreciate what a treasure I have been given in this human body.  Thank You, Father, for making me beautiful for my very unique purpose that You have for me.  Lord, mold me and make me however You see fit.  I'm trusting in Your wonderful plan for me.  I know it's for good and not evil, a plan that gives me hope and a future.  I'm Your Creation, God, do with me as You please.  May You be glorified in my life, in every thought, word or action.  All glory, honor and praise I give to You, Creator and Almighty God, my Holy Father!  In the Name of Jesus, my Redeemer, I pray all these things.  Amen.

http://youtu.be/eBdG2hUgrRI - Love Letter from God

Psalm 139
1 O Lord, you have examined my heart
and know everything about me.
2 You know when I sit down or stand up.
You know my thoughts even when I’m far away.
3 You see me when I travel
and when I rest at home.
You know everything I do.
4 You know what I am going to say
even before I say it, Lord.
5 You go before me and follow me.
You place your hand of blessing on my head.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
too great for me to understand!
7 I can never escape from your Spirit!
I can never get away from your presence!
8 If I go up to heaven, you are there;
if I go down to the grave, you are there.
9 If I ride the wings of the morning,
if I dwell by the farthest oceans,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
and your strength will support me.
11 I could ask the darkness to hide me
and the light around me to become night—
12 but even in darkness I cannot hide from you.
To you the night shines as bright as day.
Darkness and light are the same to you.
13 You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body
and knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 Thank you for making me so wonderfully complex!
Your workmanship is marvelous—how well I know it.
15 You watched me as I was being formed in utter seclusion,
as I was woven together in the dark of the womb.
16 You saw me before I was born.
Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out
before a single day had passed.
17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment