Monday, October 24, 2011

The Word was GOD


Akiane Kramarik painted  Prince of Peace, her first portrait of Jesus
when she was only eight years old.
 http://youtu.be/xi0yLRX4d2M - How Great is our God - Chris Tomlin


The Painting to the right was done by Akiane Kramarik when she was only eight years old.  Her mother was an atheist and her father had left the Catholic Church.  But Akiane felt God drawing her to Himself.  This "Prince of Peace" is how Akiane envisioned Christ to look. 

In the book, Heaven is for Real, 4 year old Colton has had a near-death experience during surgery.  Little Colton calmly and randomly begins sharing stories with his parents about seeing Jesus and talking to him when he was with Jesus in heaven.  During the writing of the book, his family would ask him what Jesus looked like.  Every time they showed a photo to Colton, he'd say "no, Jesus doesn't look like that."  One day, his dad was showing him some more photos online when suddenly Colton pointed. "Dad, that one’s right,” he exclaims. It was the Akiane portrait of Jesus. 

 
 http://youtu.be/ZTRLf3N84tY - Above All - Michael W Smith
 

John 1:1-11 NLT

In the beginning the Word already existed.
The Word was with God,  and the Word was God.
He existed in the beginning with God.


God created everything through Him, and nothing was created except through Him.


The Word gave life to everything that was created, and His life brought light to everyone.


The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.

God sent a man, John the Baptist, to tell about the light so that everyone might believe because of his testimony. John himself was not the light; he was simply a witness to tell about the light. The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was coming into the world.

He came into the very world He created, but the world didn’t recognize Him. 
He came to His own people, and even they rejected Him.

This passage is so powerful to me.  Imagine, Almighty God who reigns in Heaven, that very God came to earth, setting aside His rights as GOD, He lowered Himself and took on flesh.  Jesus became fully man.  Do we get that? Our great Creator became man so that He could be our Savior - the perfect lamb that would lay down His life for us.  What amazing love He has shown towards us.

Sometimes, I think we forget that Jesus has always existed, right along side God the Father and the Holy Spirit. Don't we sometimes relegate Jesus to a lesser position?  But God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are ONE God.  Although they have different roles, they are equal because they are all GOD. The Trinity is a relationship of Perfect Love and Perfect Unity. Our God is the original One for All and All for ONE.

God the Son existed in the beginning. Everything was created through Him.  There is not one single thing that was not created by Jesus, the God who became man on our behalf.  Imagine that for just a moment!  Think of every word we've ever used to describe our Great God.  Majestic, All Powerful, Holy One, Magnificent, All Knowing, Omnipresent, Eternal, Limitless, Light of the world, Mighty One, Life, Most Wise,  Indescribable, Uncontainable, Just, Everlasting, Alpha and Omega, Master, Faithful and True, King of kings,  Lord of lords ... and that's only just the beginning of words that inadequately describe the greatness of our Savior.  The sad part...

He came into the world that He created - HIS world - and His world, His own creation didn't even recognize Him.  He came to His own people, His very own brothers and even they rejected Him.

That breaks my heart.  How could this happen?  How could the world reject Jesus?  He was kind and good and compassionate.  He understood each person who ever came into contact with Him like no one else had every understood them. 

They knew the Savior was coming.  Jehovah God had promised that He would send the Savior who would take away the sins of the world.  HE even told them what to look for.  And as John the Baptist sat in that prison cell awaiting his beheading, even that great prophet began to question if Jesus was the Savior.

Matthew 11:4-6
Jesus told them, “Go back to John and tell him what you have heard and seen—5 the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor. 6 And tell him, ‘God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.’”

Surely, John remembered the Scriptures -

Isaiah 35:4-6
Say to those with fearful hearts, “Be strong, and do not fear, for your God is coming to destroy your enemies.
He is coming to save you.”
And when he comes, He will open the eyes of the blind and unplug the ears of the deaf.
The lame will leap like a deer, and those who cannot speak will sing for joy!

Isaiah 42:1-7
“Look at my servant, whom I strengthen. He is my chosen One, who pleases Me.
 I have put my Spirit upon Him.


He will bring justice to the nations. He will not shout or raise His voice in public.
He will not crush the weakest reed nor put out a flickering candle.  He will bring justice
to all who have been wronged.  He will not falter or lose heart until justice prevails
throughout the earth.  Even distant lands beyond the sea will wait for His instruction.”


God, the Lord, created the heavens and stretched them out.
He created the earth and everything in it.
He gives breath to everyone, Life to everyone who walks the earth.
And it is He who says, “I, the Lord, have called you to demonstrate My righteousness.
I will take you by the hand and guard you, and I will give you to my people, Israel,
a symbol of my covenant with them.


And you will be a light to guide the nations.
You will open the eyes of the blind.
You will free the captives from prison, releasing those who sit in dark dungeons.

The blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life,
and the Good News was preached to the poor.   I'm very sure that John the Baptist no longer
doubted that Jesus was the Messiah for whom he had been preparing the way.

I get so upset with all those people back in bible times who didn't believe, who didn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah.  How could they not know?  How could they not follow Him?   But then I remember
how often I falter; how often I fail to give Him my full allegiance.  How many times do I refuse to obey if what He's asks of me is not what I want to do? How can I be disobedient to the One who died for me?  How can I refuse to obey the One who loves me enough to become human in order to save me? 

God came to earth as man to be my Savior and even though I acknowledge Jesus as my Lord, do I really comprehend what an incredible thing He did for me?  I don't think I truly understand how great His sacrifice was.  How great His love for me is. 


As a mom, I can't imagine the agony You experienced watching Your precious Son endure such
suffering and pain.  I can't bear to think how HE felt when we all rejected Him.  And we all have, at one time or another.  Please forgive me for being so focused on myself that I couldn't see what Jesus did for me.
Thank You, Holy God, for sending Your Son to save me.  Thank You for sending Your Spirit to live in me, providing everything I need to face this life.  Thank You for Your great love and compassion toward us, Your children. Blessed be Your great and glorious Name.  Holy God, You are too wonderful for words.  Please hear my heart's cry of praise and adoration as I put my face to the ground in humility and thankfulness. I pray this all in the sweet, sweet Name of my Savior, Jesus the Christ.  Amen. 
 
 
http://youtu.be/7-zJHgaoVa4 - Indescribable - Chris Tomlin
Holy Father, I'm on my knees bowing before You with love and gratitude for all You've done for me.  There is no greater love than when a man lays down his life for another.  Father, Jesus did just that for me.  He laid down His life - He took my place - He suffered my punishment - He died so that I might live.  Oh, Father, what great love You have demonstrated - not only in this most gracious gift of Salvation through the sacrifice of Your Son, but in that You sent Him to be man, to fully experience life as a human with all it's problems and struggles. He knows what exactly how I feel when I suffer or struggle because He experienced the same things.  He is compassionate and kind and my ever present help in time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment