Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Remembering Jesus

As I get ready to my day, I'm thinking of all the things I absolutely must get done. I have this plan to hit the day running, jump out of bed and attack my list of things to do.

Unfortunately, too many times, I forget the One who makes everything I do possible. But He never forgets me. He's never too busy to take time for me when I need to talk. And when I'm in trouble, He's always there, on my side. I'm the most important thing in the world to HIM. Boy, does HE love me.

I think I want to start my morning remembering HIM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSo7M4e0jZk - Remember Me - Mark Schultz

Isaiah 30:18
So the Lord must wait for you to come to him so he can show you his love and compassion. For the Lord is a faithful God. Blessed are those who wait for his help.

Too often, I forget what Jesus has done for me.  I forget all the times He's answered my desperate prayers.  I beg and plead with Him to do this or to do that, and as soon as He answers, I move quickly on to my next request with barely a quick "thank you".

I don't want to forget the answered prayers, but I do.  Now days, when I know God has answered a prayer, I write it down so that I won't forget.  Someday, I hope my children and grandchildren will be encouraged to see all the times God interceded in my life; all the times He heard my cry for help.  I want them to know where I turn in times of distress.  He is my Rock.  He is always ready to listen to my concerns.  And unlike some friends, Jesus doesn't always tell me what I want to hear.  He speaks truth to me - even when it's hard.  He answers my prayers by giving me what's best - and that's not always what I think is best.

I've taken excerpts from "Today's Quiet Walk" from Walk Thru the Bible

Prayer:


Holy Father, because Your loving kindness is better than life,


my lips shall praise You. Thus I will bless You while I live;
I will lift up my hands in Your name. . . .
When I remember You on my bed,
I meditate on You in the night watches.
Because You have been my help,
Therefore in the shadow of Your wings I will rejoice.
My soul follows close behind You;
Your right hand upholds me (Psalm 63:3-4, 6-8).


Lord, I confess the sins I have in my life.
You know those things I've brought before You.
You know those secret sins in my mind that
no one else can see. Please forgive me of those,
and also those sins that I do unaware.


You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifice You want from me is a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart-
This, O God, You will not despise (Psalm 51:16-17).



Father, please give me a greater commitment to Christ, a greater love for Your people. Help me to hear Your voice and to be able to quickly discern the lies of the enemy.


Holy Spirit, please take control, guiding me in all that's good and perfect so that my life will be a pleasing and acceptable sacrifice to You.


May You, the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus,
after we have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle us.

To You be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen
(based on 1 Peter 5:10-11).


http://youtu.be/33aGaYAZvL4 - Through it All - Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment