Friday, October 21, 2011

Living a worshipful life

http://youtu.be/HeAwBmb_x28 - Heart of Worship - Michael W Smith



Psalm 28:7 KJV
Holy God, my heart rejoices in Your presence this morning! To Your ears, Lord, I pray that my singing will be a joyful noise. Your grace is amazing. You are my all in all, I worship and adore You. Lean down Your ear to me as I sing about Your love, for how great Thou art, Lord, How great thou art!


My heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will praise You.
This morning, my thoughts are on praising God, worshiping our Creator, bowing before Him, face to the ground, emptying myself of all pride, all thoughts of this world and simply lifting my praise to Him for He is so worthy.

Thank You Father, for sending Your Son to earth, God became man, humbling himself to become fully human, so that He could know our struggles and pain. Thank You for such a compassionate High Priest who comes before Your Throne of Grace on our behalf, defending us, claiming us as His own - bought and paid for with His very blood. He is our Mediator, our Advocate, our Redeemer, our One true Friend, Our Savior and Our God. This morning, may my every thought be of gratitude and worship to You, Oh Lord. I'm sorry for all those times I get distracted and fail to honor You in worship. It's all about You. Please forgive me and help me focus on You this morning. You alone are worthy of all my praise.


http://youtu.be/Pvbqalh6S1I - story behind Just to Be With You

Lord my life is an empty cup
Here's my heart, would You fill me up
I'm face to the ground, forsaking my pride
Leaving my will, my burdens behind {pause}

All I want, all I need
Is just to be with You, just to be with You
Here I am at Your feet
Just to be with You, just to be with You

I have come to the end of me
And there's nothing I have to bring
But You said I belong, You say I am yours;
Nothing compares to knowing you more

You made a way for me
Oh Saviour, I'm yours forevermore;
Oh, You made a way for me
Oh Saviour, I'm yours forevermore
I'm yours forevermore

http://youtu.be/T8PNk9V5EHY - Just to Be With You - Paul Baloche

http://youtu.be/Yez8mNzQW08 - A Greater Song - Matt Redman

Psalm 19
For the choir director: A psalm of David.

The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.
Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.
They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.

Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.
God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.
It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.


The sun rises at one end of the heavens
and follows its course to the other end.
Nothing can hide from its heat.
The instructions of the Lord are perfect,
reviving the soul.


The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
The commandments of the Lord are right,
bringing joy to the heart.


The commands of the Lord are clear,
giving insight for living.
Reverence for the Lord is pure,
lasting forever.


The laws of the Lord are true;
each one is fair.
They are more desirable than gold,
even the finest gold.
They are sweeter than honey,
even honey dripping from the comb.


They are a warning to your servant,
a great reward for those who obey them.
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.


Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
and innocent of great sin.


May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

Worship isn't just for Sunday. The way I live my life should be my spiritual act of worship to the LORD.
Read Romans 12 and let the words sink into your heart.  A Romans 12 life is truly an act of worship.
 
Romans 12
I appeal to you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God, which is your spiritual worship.  Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.



Gifts of Grace


For by the grace given to me I say to everyone among you not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think, but to think with sober judgment, each according to the measure of faith that God has assigned. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function, so we, though many, are one body in Christ, and individually members one of another. Having gifts that differ according to the grace given to us, let us use them: if prophecy, in proportion to our faith; if service, in our serving; the one who teaches, in his teaching; the one who exhorts, in his exhortation; the one who contributes, in generosity; the one who leads, with zeal; the one who does acts of mercy, with cheerfulness.


Marks of the True Christian

Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord.  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.  Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse them.  Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep.  Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all. If possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all.  Beloved, never avenge yourselves, but leave it to the wrath of God, for it is written, "Vengeance is mine, I will repay, says the Lord." To the contrary, "if your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink; for by so doing you will heap burning coals on his head." Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

This my goal, to live Romans 12 every single day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment