Friday, February 3, 2012

The Sword of the Spirit -

http://youtu.be/trUI1wtIIFk - Word of God Speak  - Mercy Me


Help me understand the meaning of your commandments,
and I will meditate on your wonderful deeds.  - Psalm 119:27 NLT

How many times have you heard someone say that the Bible is just too hard to understand?  Unfortunately, too many people give up on reading God's Word for that reason - or excuse.

A preacher asked this question:

"If you were given a treasure map and were told that if you followed the map, the treasure you would find would be a chest full of golden coins equal to millions of dollars.  Now imagine that this map is complicated, not easy to read or understand.  Wouldn't you study that map and do whatever you needed to do to get to that treasure chest? 

Well, the Word of God is a Treasure map.  It's holds the answers to all of life's questions and concerns.  There's so much wealth of knowledge and wisdom written in the pages of the Bible. It shows us God's great love and compassion for us - His chosen people. 

God has given us His very Word filled with instructions on how to live our lives to the fullest.  Yet
we say, 'it's too complicated, too hard to understand.'  It's the best "self help book" ever written. What a shame that God's very special gift to us - His written Word - isn't worth at least the same effort we'd give to understand a treasure map."

Today I want to thank God for His written Word which is powerful and active. and when/if I listen, He speaks specifically to me through His Word - bringing each passage into my heart and showing me how I personally can apply His great wisdom and insight.  His Word is light unto my path.

It takes effort, and it takes practice.  But the Word of God is the powerful weapon we have against the Enemy.  When we write God's Word on our hearts through reading and meditating on it, the Holy Spirit will help us yield this powerful sword against anything that would keep us from accomplishing God purpose for us on earth.   Today, I want to be a mighty warrior for Christ.  I can do that because He's given me the Sword of the Spirit, His precious written Word.

Hebrews 4:12 nlt
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires.

Psalm 119:105 nasb
Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.


Psalm 45:3-7 nlt
3 Put on your sword, O mighty warrior!
You are so glorious, so majestic!
4 In your majesty, ride out to victory,
defending truth, humility, and justice.
Go forth to perform awe-inspiring deeds!
5 Your arrows are sharp, piercing your enemies’ hearts.
The nations fall beneath your feet.
6 Your throne, O God, endures forever and ever.
You rule with a scepter of justice.
7 You love justice and hate evil.
Therefore God, your God, has anointed you,
pouring out the oil of joy on you more than on anyone else.
                                                                     ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The following is from "A Treasury of Praise - Enjoying God Anew" by Ruth Myers with Warren Myers. 
Thank You, Lord, for how You continue in our day to speak with power through Your Word, the sword of the Spirit.  You've promised that Your Word will not return to You useless.  You send forth Your command over the earth, and Your Word runs swiftly, controlling the forces of nature, defeating the power and schemes of the adversary.  Delivery me from letting my experience of Your written-down truth get stale through neglect.  Thank You that Your Word is the Bread of Life, which nourishes my soul as I feed on it richly and hide it in my heart -- as I let it grip me in a powerful way, just as You intend.  May Your Word day by day be the joy and rejoicing of my heart!
 
I love Your Word especially because it so vividly displays the wonders of who You are:  Your heart of love, Your thoughts and values, Your character with its deep concern for me and all people, Your delight in each of Your children, and Your infinite, boundless power to bless Your loved ones and to defeat the purposes of Satan.  How grateful I am for this written revelation of who You are and of how I can be a joy to You, fulfilling Your purposes for my life.  Your Word reveals what You want for me and from me.  It shows how infinitely greater Your power is than our adversary's, as well as how infinitely better Your purposes are than his.  How I praise You for this wonderful Book!
 
I thank You again that Your Word is a sword that cuts through Satan's power and purposes, enabling me to experience You in all I am and in all I do.  Use Your Word in my life day by day. Strengthen me through it and tune me in to Your wisdom.  Enhance my delight in it and deepen my knowledge of You...increase my trust in You...and enrich my experience of You as I face the needs and demands of daily life.  More and more may Your Word be "the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O LORD God of hosts."
 
Isaiah 55:11 nlt
It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.

Psalm 147:15 nasb
15 He sends forth His command to the earth;
His word runs very swiftly.

Psalm 119:11 nasb
Your word I have treasured in my heart,
That I may not sin against You.

Luke 4:4 nlt
4 But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say, ‘People do not live by bread alone.’”

Jeremiah 15:16 nkjv
Your words were found, and I ate them,
And Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart;
For I am called by Your name,
O Lord God of hosts.

Acts 26:18 nlt
Yes, I am sending you to the Gentiles 18 to open their eyes, so they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Then they will receive forgiveness for their sins and be given a place among God’s people, who are set apart by faith in me.’

James 2:19 nlt
You say you have faith, for you believe that there is one God. Good for you! Even the demons believe this, and they tremble in terror.

Ephesians 6:17 nlt
Put on salvation as your helmet, and take the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.




Psalm 1:1-2 nlt
Oh, the joys of those who do not follow the advice of the wicked,
or stand around with sinners, or join in with mockers.
But they delight in the law of the LORD,
meditating on it day and night.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment