Monday, January 30, 2012

I found this great little book at Mardel's.  It was on the discount table - but what a "treasure"!  The book
is by Ruth Myers with Warren Myers and it's called "A Treasury of Praise - Enjoying God Anew".

I want to share the first day of devotionals with you.  I pray that God will let these words become my worship
today.  My schedule is full - to overflowing!  But I have to remember each day, "It's not about me.  It's all about Jesus
and how I can best honor Him in all things." 

Have a blessed Monday and remember who you belong to.  You are God's special treasure, bought with the greatest price ever, the blood of our Savior.  Praise His holy Name.

--------------------------------

Offering Myself -
Your Most Basic Act of Worship

Lord, I'm Yours.  Whatever the cost may be, may Your will be done in my life.
I realize I'm not here on earth to do my own thing or to seek my own fulfillment, or for my own glory.  I'm not here to indulge in my desires, to increase my possessions, to impress people, to be popular, or to prove I'm somebody important; and I'm not here to promote myself in any way. I'm not here even to be relevant or successful by human standards.

I'm here to please You.

I offer myself to You, for You are worthy.  All that I am or hope to be, I owe to You.  I'm Yours by creation and every day I receive from You life and breath and all things. And I'm Yours because You bought me.  And the price You paid was the precious blood of Christ.  You alone, the Triune God, are worthy to be my Lord and Master.  I yield to You, my gracious and glorious heavenly Father; to the Lord Jesus who loved me and gave Himself for me; to the Holy Spirit and His gracious influence and empowering. 

I give to You, Lord, all that I am and all that I have.

I give You any rebellion in me, which resists doing Your will.

I give You my pride and self-dependence, those attitudes which try to convince me that I can do Your will in my own power -  if I just try hard enough.

I give You my fears, which try to convince me that I'll never be able to do Your will in some area of my life.

I consent to let You energize me...to create within me, moment by moment, both the desire and the power to do You will.

I give You my body and each of its members...my entire inner being, my mind, my emotional life, my will...my loved ones...my marriage or my hopes for marriage...my abilities and gifts...my strengths and weaknesses...my health...my status - whether that's high or low...my possessions...my past, my present, my future...I give to You "when and how" I'll go home to be with You.

I'm here to love You, to obey You, to glorify You.  O my Beloved, may I be a joy to You this day!

http://youtu.be/M0AyxEMFRbI - With All I Am - Hillsong

No comments:

Post a Comment