Sunday, December 4, 2011

Face Down

Have you ever been face down on the ground before God?

In her bible study of the Psalms, Beth Moore says if
our goal is to press to a higher place with God, there are few things that will enhance our progress more  than bowing low so God can lift us up. 

Humility should be the natural response for anyone who truly comprehends the awesomeness of God.

http://youtu.be/s-i1v_h6hVA - Fall Face Down - Matt Redman 
Try this for one week.  Each morning when you first get out of bed, fall to your knees with your face to the floor, and in your own words, praise the One who makes every moment possible. Did you just get out of a  nice warm, comfortable bed?  Thank God!  Do you have job this morning?  Thank God!  Do you have food for breakfast?  Are your children healthy?  Are you a child of God?  Thank Him!  

Think about the rain and how all of creation responds to it. Plants and trees turn deeper greener and their leaves perk up with each refreshing drink.  The birds take baths in the puddles.  Can't you almost hear all of Nature saying "thank You"!   God provides for nature and He provides for you and me. 

Our God is an awesome God.  For me, it's sometimes hard to find the words to express my sense of awe in His Presence.  As you think on His Majesty and Power, remember that He chose you out of all His amazing creation to be His dearly loved child.   If words of praise and adoration don't come easy, read a psalm of praise that speaks to your heart.  As you thank God for all He has done and will do in your life, give Him this day.  Give Him full access to every thought, word and action - at home, at work, at play and at church.  When you let Him take control, everything will go better.  Everything will work together so that He can use you, His child, to accomplish His purpose on earth.  Can you trust the Creator of the Universe who loves you more than anyone on earth will ever love you?  Can you trust Him to give you His best?  Can you let go of the burdens and give God control?  He won't let you down.  We serve a Faithful God - He is worthy of all our praise.

As you go throughout this day, sing praises to God.  Do you have a song that says exactly how you feel about God?  Sing that song throughout the day.  Sing from your heart as you think about the words.  You're singing for God and He loves to hear you sing praises to Him.    Think about how much you love hearing your child sing a song for you.  Well, your Father loves to hear His child sing, too.  Sing, sing, sing!

Holy God, my heart rejoices in Your presence this day! To Your ears, Lord, I pray that my singing will be a joyful noise. Your grace is amazing. You are my all in all, I worship and adore You. Lean down Your ear to me as I sing about Your love, for how great Thou art, Lord, How great thou art! My heart greatly rejoices, and with my song will praise You.

Psalm 28:6-7 NIV
Praise be to the LORD, for He has heard my cry for mercy.  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in Him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to Him in song.
This day, my thoughts are on praising God, worshiping our Creator, bowing before Him, face to the ground, emptying myself of all pride, all thoughts of this world and simply lifting my praise to Him for He is so worthy.

I hope you can listen to the songs of praise and worship I've included in this devotional. If not, I pray that you will make time for worship today -  with "face to the ground" adoration before  our Holy God.

http://youtu.be/kkdniYsUrM8 - All of Creation - Mercy Me


PRAYER

Thank You Father, for sending Your Son to earth! God became man, humbling Himself to become fully human, so that He could know our struggles and pain. Thank You for such a compassionate High Priest who comes before Your Throne of Grace, on our behalf, defending us, claiming us as His own, bought and paid for with His very blood. He is our Mediator, our Advocate, our Redeemer, our One true Friend, Our Savior and Our God. In this time with You, may my every thought be of gratitude and worship to You, Oh Lord. I'm sorry for all those times I get distracted and fail to honor You in worship. It's all about You. Please forgive me and help me focus on You now and throughout the day. You alone are worthy of all my praise.

http://youtu.be/T8PNk9V5EHY - Just to Be With You - Paul Baloche

http://youtu.be/Yez8mNzQW08 - A Greater Song - Matt Redman

Psalm 19
For the choir director: A psalm of David.
1 The heavens proclaim the glory of God.
The skies display his craftsmanship.

2 Day after day they continue to speak;
night after night they make him known.


3 They speak without a sound or word;
their voice is never heard.


4 Yet their message has gone throughout the earth,
and their words to all the world.
God has made a home in the heavens for the sun.


5 It bursts forth like a radiant bridegroom after his wedding.
It rejoices like a great athlete eager to run the race.


6 The sun rises at one end of the heavens
and follows its course to the other end.
Nothing can hide from its heat.


7 The instructions of the Lord are perfect,
reviving the soul. The decrees of the Lord are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.

8 The commandments of the Lord are right,
bringing joy to the heart. The commands of the Lord are clear,
giving insight for living.


9 Reverence for the Lord is pure, lasting forever.
The laws of the Lord are true; each one is fair.


10 They are more desirable than gold,
even the finest gold. They are sweeter than honey,
even honey dripping from the comb.


11 They are a warning to your servant,
great reward for those who obey them.


12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.


13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt
and innocent of great sin.

14 May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you,
O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.

No matter what you're going through, there's a reason to sing and praise God.  This ain't all there is!

 http://youtu.be/V_5_ySiobdI -There's a reason - Mercy Me

No comments:

Post a Comment